Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Donate to Help the people of Haiti

We saw this post on Okay With Andrea's blog this morning, and wanted to increase the potential help we can lend, so we're reposting here.

On January 12, 2010 a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck HAITI - near the capital of Port-au-Prince. Although there is still very little information about the extent of the damage - it is predicted to be catastrophic.


picture source


Doctors Without Borders shoring up to lend all the medical assistance they can.
World Vision Canada is there and preparing to distribute emergency supplies to those affected.
The Canadian Red Cross is accepting donations to support Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti.
Samaritan’s Purse is rushing to assist in Haiti
Unicef staff in Haiti are mounting rescue efforts.

That's not all...

Let me know if you are making a donation to one of the organizations above by leaving a comment at the end of this post and I will personally donate an extra $5 to the relief effort in Haiti for each donation you tell me about.

We have so much to be thankful for. Let's pass it on by helping those in need.

xo
Elizabeth, Sadie + Richard

3 comments:

  1. im on my way to Docters with out borders web site now. the images on tv are just to much, it makes me sooo thankful to be canadian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth, Sadie, and Richard,
    The news is just so horrifying, we all have to pull together to help Haiti. I donated to yele.com - I know it's not one of the ones on the list above, but I wanted to let you know that I think that what you're doing is amazing.
    Take care,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I've topped up donations to Doctors without Borders, and Amy it appears I can't donate to Yele online, or I would.
    Is there a second choice you'd like me to donate to?

    ReplyDelete